Search this blog

Monday, June 1, 2009

Photography and me...

I got my first camera at the age of 14 or 15.. a Kodak point and shoot.. It survived until I was about 20.... where it got left behind in a Toilet in O'Hare airport in Chicago...

That was really depressing, since I lost the last pictures I took before I left India... and I was a grad student with no money.. so I saved for a year and got myself a Pentax point and shoot for something like $125... it was a really great buy in 1998.. now I didn't know much about cameras, but I really liked to take pictures.. didn't know anything about landscapes, potraits, or lighting.. or lenses... but I took a lot of photos...

Since then I graduated to a Canon Elan II, bought a telephoto lens, took tons of more photos.. worked with optical equipment managers for several years building much more complex lenses and auto-focus systems than the ones I used.. and got more and more interested in the art of capturing light...

I remember how amazed I was at learning stuff about the camera... and as I tried to learn, I found websites and books that were sometimes too basic and sometimes too technical...

I've decided therefore to make a little 'learn photography my way' lesson with this blog... it is meant for people who are just about to start.. know nothing about physics or light.... but appreciate and want to take photographs... all I need from you is curiousity...

No comments:

Post a Comment